Issue #14 - No way for donators to be credited

Philippe Cloutier chealer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:23:01 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-02 11:02, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Philippe Cloutier <chealer at gmail.com> [2018-07-02 10:54]:
>> http://www.spi-inc.org/donations/ explains that "the identities of
>> donors are kept confidential to SPI, and only disclosed to members
>> of SPI". This is great for donors who want confidentiality, but I
>> imagine this wastes an incentive to donate.
> Yeah, this is actually something we discussed on the board list
> recently.  Right now, we don't know if donors want to be public or
> not.
>
> I think what we need is a donation platform where you can tick a box
> before going on to do the payment.  The donation system developed by
> MetaBrainz is one we could adopt: https://metabrainz.org/donate
> DonorBox has also been mentioned as a possibility.

MetaBrainz's seems unable to associate multiple donations from a single entity, but it looks good. It lists organizations and individuals in the same list.

> This won't happen soon but is something that should be done at some
> point.

Yeah, it requires important effort, but it should boost fundraising much.

Thank you for the information

--
Philippe Cloutier
http://www.philippecloutier.com