MinGW Project WebSite, and Domain Name Registration

Keith Marshall keith at users.osdn.me
Sat Oct 24 14:51:54 UTC 2020

MinGW, an SPI associate project, and registered owner of the mingw.org
internet domain, has, for the last 12 years, benefited from sponsorship
by NetworkRedux.com, in respect of both domain name registration, and
website hosting.  Unfortunately, NetworkRedux.com have now notified us
that they will be withdrawing from the website hosting marketplace, and
will no longer be acting as a domain registration agent, with effect
from December 2020; consequently, we will need to migrate mingw.org to
an alternative hosting provider, and we will require the services of an
alternative registrar, to maintain the domain name registration.

With respect to hosting of website content, we can readily migrate that
to OSDN.net, (where our software downloads are already hosted), but
unfortunately, OSDN.net do not offer a domain name registration service,
so we will still need to engage the services of an alternative IANA
registrar.

As the nominated project liaison between MinGW and SPI, I would welcome
any advice which SPI may be able to offer, with regard to selection and
engagement of a suitable domain name registrar.  I am assuming that we
are unlikely to be able to find a sponsor, to maintain the zero-cost
registration which we have enjoyed with NetworkRedux.com; since MinGW is
maintained entirely by volunteers, with no source of funding beyond the
donations which are currently held by SPI, on our behalf, in the absence
of any sponsored registration, we would, in any case, require the
services of SPI to render payment of registration fees, from our
existing donations fund balance.

--
Regards,
Keith.