Website re-implementation

Neil McGovern neilm at debian.org
Tue Apr 4 17:27:00 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 12:53:14PM -0400, David Graham wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Neil McGovern wrote:
> > As mentioned after the end of the last board I'm interested in helping
> > with the website re-implementaion. This is probably not the best place
> > for general discussion, so, anyone who's interested, please subscribe to
> > spi-www at lists.spi-inc.org[0] and we can start talking on there :)
>
> Seeing as you're intending to rebuild SPI's website and you're looking for
> a CMS of some sort to do this, and seeing as Drupal recently joined SPI as
> a member project, Drupal would seem to be to be the logical choice.
>
> With Debian, Drupal, OFTC, and Postgresql as members of SPI, we can be
> practically vertically integrated. :)

Well, a CMS is a good idea, simply for the ability for others to update
the site easily. However, my main issue with using a CMS is that the
site needs to have the ability to be translated into multiple languages,
and have the ability to track which pages need translation.

Can Drupal support this?

Neil
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3