[Spi-private] Website re-implementation

Ean Schuessler ean at brainfood.com
Thu Apr 13 15:57:47 UTC 2006

On Thursday 13 April 2006 01:27, MJ Ray wrote:
> I don't think the Sun-Java-only system is a good idea, BTW.
> As far as free software is concerned, it's vapourware.

Oops. Sent to quickly.  Here are the CVS stats for classpath (just classpath
mind you, not Kaffe and GCJ themselves)...

http://object-refinery.com/classpath/statcvs

Not that I want to get into a "why java sucks" argument here. That won't
change anyone's mind about anything. Mainly I am trying to indicate that I am
willing to help with the SPI site. I'm not adverse to using Zope/Drupal since
it will let me see what is useful in it and copy its ideas.

At the same time I do think it bears consideration that I build websites full
time for large organizations. Because of that, I may have some experience
that other people don't. It might be worth discussing some ideas about what
would be done (other than simple CMS), how it would be done and why
particular methods might prove more beneficial or expedient.

Please take a look at the web sites I sent in my earlier post and take a
moment to respond to the talking points that have operational relevance to
the organization (ie. copy on write file system, financials, etc.) I know its
not as fun as dismissing my suggestions out-of-hand but it may prove more
productive.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean at brainfood.com