[Spi-private] Bruce's Platform

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jul 14 09:43:14 UTC 2006

John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>
> [...]  Frankly, we don't need big egos around that loudly
> proclaim "few people do as much for Free Software".  We need people
> that are willing to pitch in and do more than is expected of them.

Like it or not, Bruce is not the only candidate with (more
or less) "I'm famous, vote for me" as part of the manifesto.
I really hope that it counts for nothing, but I'm sure everyone
can think of other elections which have become little more than
beauty contests.

I'm not standing because I can't make the commitment I think it
needs and I think I'm too ugly for a beauty contest in this
community anyway, but here how I'd've ended my manifesto:

Please vote for the board promises you like best, more than fame
or figureheads, and please don't hesitate to remove anyone who
breaks their promises.

--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask