Meeting log for 2008-09-17

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Fri Sep 19 16:23:53 UTC 2008

MJ Ray wrote:

> AOB hasn't appeared on SPI agendas since 1998.  I feel that's good and
> healthy, so I'm disappointed by this back-sliding.  None of the board
> stood on a ticket that included hiding stuff from members by allowing
> last-minute unannounced business, did they?  In fact, Joerg Jaspert
> *promised* not to disturb SPI's decision making.
>
> Please don't permit AOB at meetings.

We have been doing AOB at meetings since at least my 3rd meeting. I
specifically requested it in fact. It makes things a lot easier on
everyone when something simple needs to be pointed out for the record
but doesn't need a lot of discussion. I don't see us stopping AOB at
this time.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake